Joining the Risk team of Andaria will provide you with a unique opportunity to experience the blend of a regulated financial institution with a scale up culture complimented by the foundations of an established Group renowned for its entrepreneurial spirit. The role allows for an extremely exciting and rewarding work environment with room to grow your achievements, career, and position in the company while experience and exposure to all facets of the business.
Our specialties include: Payment Solutions, E-Money Issuance, , Banking Software and Financial Technology, Card Products and Card Management Services.
We are currently looking to recruit a Risk Officer, based in Malta or UK, to join the Risk team on full time bases.
- Assist the Risk Manager and the Head of Risk to manage the Risk Function as the second line of defence by contributing to the oversight and execution of a wide range of risks as well as for the implementation of the Group’s risk strategy;
- Undertake risk assessments, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
- Carrying out planned and ad-hoc risk audits to ensure that procedures are kept relevant and the necessary controls are in place to limit risk of excessive risk taking;
- Coordinating Operational Risk Identification and Assessments;
- Analysing and discussing assessment outcomes with the various risk owners in order to formulate mitigation plans as necessary;
- Reviewing, monitoring and updating of operational risk observations and action plans;
- Effectively communicate the risk exposures to senior management and assisting them in the implementation and communication of the risk governance framework;
- Maintaining the Institution’s Enterprise-Wide Risk Register and incident risk logs, including monitoring a set of KRIs;
- Actively interfacing with senior management and other functions to ensure a smooth and optimum development, implementation, and on-going maintenance of the Enterprise Risk Management framework into the Institution's culture;
- Consult and support with relevant departments to determine, quantify, and mitigate risks involved in establishing and maintaining various client and industry relationships;
- Utilize analytical techniques and statistical analysis to develop and optimize risk strategies to meet pre-defined goals;
- Ensure the Institution is operating within its Risk Appetite;
- Proactively seek and recommend enhancements to processes and development;
- Providing support and training to staff to increase risk awareness within the company.
Skillset and Requirements:
- An academic qualification in Banking, Risk, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or relevant field of study;
- Possession of a recognised qualification(s) in Risk Management will be considered an asset;
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a similar role;
- Candidate should be assertive and self-confident to carry out the responsibilities within the Risk Management Function;
- Knowledge/awareness of financial services regulatory compliance including a good understanding of Payment Services Directive 2 and the applicable Financial Institution’s rules;
- Any fraud risk experience would be preferred;
- Have an inquisitive mindset and draw energy from working in a fast-paced environment;
- Highly organized and pro-active with a can-do attitude;
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Highly motivated, energetic and results oriented person;
- Great communication & organisational skills and fluent in English.
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Remote working/hybrid working